Andrea Goulet Ford - Speaker, Author, Teacher
Meet the human voice behind some of the world’s largest brands. Over the past decade, Andrea Goulet Ford has helped engineer the personalities of the businesses, nonprofits, and government agencies you interact with every day. Her firm, BrandVox®, helps organizations scale without sacrificing personality or authenticity by helping business leaders do three things: document their visions, train their teams to speak in a cohesive brand voice, and implement systems to scale their content. Calling herself a Message Architect, Andrea’s specialty is crafting brand foundations and style guides, so that individuals across many departments can speak in one unified voice. You can also find Andrea working on her first book, Culture of Content.
What others are saying. . .
“Andrea Goulet Ford is an excellent, organized and effective speaker. I heard her speak at a recent Washington DC Meetup on digital communications. Her message is clear and compelling.”
Bernadette Hyland, CEO, http://3roundstones.com
"I'd recommend Andrea to any business or brand because of how well she is able to take high level concepts and break them down into digestible actions. She joined us this semester as a guest speaker in the VCU Entrepreneurship Program and our seniors were blown away by her knowledge on brand, brand voice, and startups. One student commented that Andrea was the best speaker we've had in class all year because of how she tied her experience into practical takeaways for the students to apply to their senior capstone projects. An all-star, without a doubt."
ACe Callwood, Co-Founder, www.Coffitivity.com
Types of Clients
* Chambers of Commerce
* Content Strategy Groups
* Business Conferences
* Creative Teams
* Professional Organizations
Get Your Vision out of Your Head and Into the World
Does your team understand your vision? Or, is it stuck in your head, tumbling around able not making its way out? Do you find it difficult to communicate your ideas with your team? Do you know what you want to say, but can't seem to find the way to express it?
To create an impactful brand in today’s world, you must be able to articulate your vision to your entire organization in a concise manner. When expressed, your vision is like fertilizer for your team, and when they understand it, you'll be able to motivate, inspire, and steer everyone in the same direction. After all, an engaged team moving in unison toward a common goal is unstoppable.
You’ll learn how to:
- Craft your vision in clear, inclusive, and inspiring language.
- Identify your communication leadership style and use it to your advantage in conveying your vision.
- Communicate your vision in a specific way that gets every single person in your organization in alignment.
- Teach your staff how to use your vision as a yard stick in making everyday decisions.
- Put in place real methods to get your team speaking confidently about your brand.
This session is for high-level leaders, CEOs, board members, and business owners.
Selling Content Strategy: Getting Your Boss to Buy into Content Best Practices
Are you a content creator, stuck behind your keyboard, all the while knowing that what you really need is to break out of your shell and share your knowledge?
You know that content is the lifeblood of any organization, and you’ve been frustrated by the lack of collaboration. You’re up on all of the latest best practices in content strategy, but it seems that management just doesn’t get it. What would really make a difference in your organization is a defined content strategy – with unified messaging and a defined process that allows for the flow of content creation.
You’ll learn how to:
- Earn your boss’s confidence by understanding their leadership style and communicating with them accordingly.
- Explain to your boss what content strategy is in way that matters to them.
- Speak clearly about the bottom line and organizational value of content best practices.
- Anticipate roadblocks up front and create a strategy that mitigates them.
- Champion a strategic content process and get buy-in up the chain.
This session is for content creators and strategists, writers, marketing staff, and designers.
Culture of Content: Bridging the Gap Between Content Leadership & Creative Execution
What holds brands back from creating engaging, effective content typically isn't talent, but rather a complex cobweb of rules, regulations and business processes that get in the way.
The best content marketing brands embrace a Culture of Content. They have a collaborative spirit. Leaders know how to articulate visions. Messaging foundations are documented. Approvals are swift and nimble. And creative professionals have the resources they need to execute engaging content in real-time.
You'll learn how to:
- Identify your personal communication leadership style and effectively manage your team.
- Create organizational systems that empower everyone to positively contribute to your content marketing efforts.
- Respond swiftly to events and take advantage of real-time marketing.
- Teach your team to speak in one cohesive and unified brand voice.
- Set up balanced processes that both mitigate risk and improve the flow of content creation.
This session is for high-level leaders, CEOs, board members, business owners, creative professionals, and marketing staff.